13.9.08

In Transition

Sorry for the lack of updates. Had my hands full this week with house hunting, chasing down good deals on SIM cards and groping my way through internet banking. Photos will have to wait. In my haste to get to the airport I forgot to pack the USB cable for my camera.

So i’m finally in Sheffield. Currently holed up at the Harley Hotel for a week. It’s got a catchy, simple slogan,

“This is your Harley!
It’s full of music.
And gin.
Music + gin.”

Apart from the wonky internet connection that’s only accessible in the bar downstairs and the nightly band performances that thump away into the wee hours of the morning, it’s a comfy home base for now. PLUS, the full English breakfast they serve in the morning is most definitely, THE best breakfast I’ve ever savoured. (Jon, this really is heart-stopping, or at the very least, heart-clogging.)


Sheffield, as a townscape, is growing on me. It’s human-scale, hilly urbanity, speckled with beautiful trees, exudes a unique charm. There is a hodgepodge of architectural expressions that inhabit the landscape; a couple of its main characters will be making guest appearances on this blog later on. Stay tuned folks.